Woolfest 2014

We tried something a little different this year for Woolfest, mainly because I’d decided I wasn't going to go this year and then changed my mind a bit late in the day, so it was a bit tricky finding anywhere to stay.

Mr and I stayed in a camping pod for a night. We were lucky and had nice weather, so we had a campfire roaring all night, with the obligatory marshmallows.

P1100334

P1100336

Our neighbours were some very nice sheep and lambs, which were unintentionally smoked by our campfire.

P1100330

P1100320

The camping pod was super and we were positioned under an old oak tree. It was a very relaxing evening.

P1100345

My purchases were a little more restrained this year.

P1100389

Some extra cables for my Chiagoo needle set and 7.5mm tips as I don’t own any in that size. The latest pompom magazine, which has quite a few patterns in that I’d like to make.

P1100395

I stocked up with lots of buttons from Textile Garden. They really do have the most wonderful selection.

P1100398

P1100400

And my only yarn purchase of the day was some Cumulus from Fyberspates. It was very reasonably priced and feels like a fine mohair yarn but is actually a combination of brushed alpaca and silk. I bought 3 similar shades with the idea of an ombre cowl or shawl.
P1100417

Comments