Ornate

I’ve just completed the most stunning little cardigan. It’s covered with cables and bobbles, with a lace edge. I’ve really enjoyed making it (it’s at A Good Yarn at the moment, as a shop sample, if anyone wants to see it in the flesh)

P1100094

The one word I keep of thinking of is “heirloom”. It’s one of those special pieces of knitting.

P1100104

The pattern is Lace Edged Cardigan by Debbie Bliss and it’s from the Celebrating Family pattern book.

The original was done in Debbie Bliss Eco Baby but mine is done in Baby Cashmerino. The yarn is really lovely to work with and blocks really well. Here's my Ravelry project page

P1100131

I did a little experiment while making this. I made both of the sleeves and blocked just one of them.  Can you spot which one? 

It really does make a huge difference to your knitting – so if you’re not a convert to blocking yet….

P1100060
P1100078

By the way, I did block the other before I was finished!

The back is just as gorgeous as the front.

P1100142

Comments

  1. Gorgeous! I am expecting my first grand baby and would love to make this sweater for her. I can not however seem to find the pattern. Would very much appreciate it if you could let me know how I can get this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure where you're based to direct you, but it's only available in a book - Celebrating Family by Debbie Bliss. It still seems to be available so hopefully you can get it in your part of the world.

      Delete

Post a Comment