Woolfest Haul 2013

Another year at Woolfest and it was just as fantastic. Here are links to previous years 2011 and 2012. It seemed busier this year.

 I went with the intention of buying no spinning fibre at all, as I had a lot bought me at Christmas, but.... Well, hilltopcloud fibre is so gorgeous, it just "had" to be bought. There was a beautiful blue and orange batt and some Southdown dyed in a gradient. Southdown is meant to be a fantastic fibre for socks and I've been wanting to try it for awhile. I love how the fibre was presented it looked like a fluffy octopus!

Woolfest Yarn & Fibre



Eden Cottage Yarns
Eden Cottage Yarns and a mini skein set from Natural Dye Studio

Ceramic Sheep
Cute little sheep from Hestascene. Need to think of an appropriate name for her.

Gorgeous buttons from Textile Garden
Gorgeous buttons from Textile Garden

Embroidery Silks from Natalie Fergie
Embroidery silks from Natalie Fergie aka Yarn Yard. The orange 4ply in the top picture is from her too.

Lilly Brush
This is what I got most excited about. It's a Lilly Brush which before the show I thought was only available from the US at super high postage rates, so I didn't think I'd be able to get one easily. Tall Yarns have them in stock at the moment. Basically it's a de-piller and lint remover and it's fab.


Comments